In Crazy is a Compliment: the power of zigging when everyone else zags, Linda Rottenberg imparts the lessons she’s learned from her experiences at Endeavor. Linda co-founded Endeavor, a non-profit that encourages entrepreneurship in emerging markets, in the late 1990s.
I would like to share a few of her helpful pointers for overcoming challenges.
- Resist the temptation to hold yourself back and give yourself permission to undertake the challenge.
- Don’t look to others to validate your decisions.
- “The longest distance in any race is the six inches between your ears” – inspired by golfer Bob Jones.
- Stop planning and start doing.
- Dream big and execute small.
- Break up the goal into smaller elements (“eat the elephant in small bites”).
- Be mindful of social contagion effects.
- Phone a Frenemy (learn from your peer-rival).